Teaching Assistant – 1:1 Sen Support
We are looking for an inspiring, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to work with one of our fantastic
Key Stage 2 pupils from September 2020. This pupil has communication and interaction needs as well as social, emotional and sensory needs. We are looking for an experienced 1:1 TA who can both nurture and challenge the pupil in order to lift these barriers and fulfil this pupil’s full potential. If you believe you could be the missing piece that enables this child to flourish, then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced at working with pupils with social, emotional and sensory needs.
- Calm, organised and willing to go the extra mile.
- Exceptional at establishing relationships with pupils.
- Flexible and able to adapt plans in response to a pupil’s needs.
- An excellent communicator who can give reassurance and encouragement.
In return, we can offer:
- A friendly, hard-working and motivated team of staff and governors that is dedicated to nurturing all pupils, in order to unlock their potential.
- A commitment to support your career development through ongoing CPD, and excellent opportunities to pursue progression within the Trust.
- Exceptional resources and IT support, including interactive LCD, iPad, Apple TV and 1:1 iPads for pupils across the school.
- Inspiring, friendly children with excellent behaviour.
- A well-established outdoor curriculum and a commitment to outdoor learning.
This role is term time only, 10 hours per week (2 hours per day, mornings), 39 weeks per year under a fixed term contract that is anticipated to run until 31st August 2022. The position is linked to funding and as such may be terminated should the child leave the school earlier or the funding be stopped
The salary is at LAAT Grade 3 - Spine Point 12 - £3,888 (£16,824 FTE).
The school is a part of the Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust (LAAT); therefore, the role would be as an employee of the LAAT. There is potential that, through agreement with the CEO and/or LAAT Board of Directors, you may have the opportunity to work in an alternative place of employment deemed reasonable within the Trust.
Closing date – Wednesday 8th July 2020
Shortlisting to be conducted on or around Thursday 9th July 2020
Interviews to be conducted on or around Tuesday 14th July 2020
Please visit our website to find out more about our school ethos and values.
The LAAT promotes diversity and wants a workforce which reflects Christian Value. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
The LAAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will require the successful applicant to undertake an Enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.